|About the Center||Training and Education||Outreach Programs|
|Read about our Vision, Mission, Approach, and how we are promoting Awareness.||Find out about The Center’s workshops and programs, plus our Community Resource Center.||Learn about our community outreach programs, including our Do Right campaign.|
This conference is a call to action to eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities in the Cincinnati region. The conference will focus on addressing health disparities and highlight the impact of the obesity epidemic on African-American, Hispanic, and Appalachian families. Like many other diseases and disorders that disproportionately affect the health of racial and ethnic minority populations in the United States, obesity rates are substantially higher among African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, and other minorities. Interactive sessions will provide information about nutrition, physical activity, and diseases resulting from obesity.
We regret to inform you that pre-registration for the 3rd Conference on Health Disparities is now closed. We thank you for your interest, but do to an overwhelming response, we are not able to accept any more registration requests.
Who Should Attend the Conference?
Everyone should attend the conference, especially health professionals, health care providers, educators, social workers, policymakers, students, employers, and consumers.
- Increase awareness and understanding of health problems confronting African Americans, Appalachians, and Hispanics in this region
- Share effective programs, best practices, and strategies utilized to address health disparities at the local, state, and federal levels
- Directly engage and encourage people to protect and preserve their health and the health of those they care about
- Help communities make healthy choices
- Teach participants how to mobilize resources and build partnerships with diverse communities to solve health problems