Label Reading Guideline:
4 grams fat or less per serving
Servings Per Week:
1 or 2
- Fat-free desserts are seldom lower in calories. Don’t exceed the serving size on the package.
- Follow the lower fat preparation instructions on cake and brownie mix packages.
Note: If your blood sugar and/or triglycerides are high, choose “no sugar added” or sugar-free desserts.
- fresh fruit for dessert
- sugar-free popsicles or frozen fruit bars (less than 10 calories!)
- regular or sugar-free instant pudding mix made with skim milk
- tunnel out the center of an angel food cake and fill with fat-free sherbet; top with fresh fruit