A physicians’ written referral is required. Please schedule your appointment immediately because your physician referral will expire. Also, it is necessary to bring your referral to your first visit. If you need to cancel an appointment, please contact the office as soon as possible. Occasional emergencies may cause your appointment to be delayed. We appreciate your patience in such a situation.
What Patients Need To Know
When you are given a prescription for physical/occupational therapy:
- Check your insurance or managed care list for approved PT/OT services and what treatment your policy provides.
- CALL NOW and schedule your PT/OT appointment. If you are a Medicare patient, your referral expires in 30 days.
- Ask what clothing will be appropriate for your therapy.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment to complete paperwork.
- Bring your PT/OT prescription from your physician with you for your first appointment. The therapist cannot treat you without this form.
- Bring your insurance card with you to your first appointment.
- Write down any questions you have about your treatment or the goals of therapy.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, call AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so the time can be used to accommodate other patients.
What To Wear
All patients should bring shorts and a T-shirt for the initial visit. Your therapist will instruct you on what to wear for future visits.
Please verify that we have the correct information on file to assure prompt reimbursement from your insurance carrier for your physical or occupational therapy services. You are ultimately responsible for paying for your treatment, and may want to check your insurance policy to see if physical/occupational therapy is covered, and if authorization is needed from your primary care physician.
If you are filing a Worker’s Compensation claim for your treatment, be sure to let us know on your first visit. It is your legal responsibility to make application and establish your claim. Please see our receptionist and/or billing clerk for more information.
If you have questions regarding treatment or office policies, please call any of our locations.
|Welcome||Areas of Expertise||Our Philosophy||Appointments|