Count on us for the care you deserve
County residents don’t have to travel far to access one of the largest, most advanced emergency departments. The Fort Hamilton Hospital has recently doubled the size of its emergency department to provide high quality care with some of the area’s most trusted and experienced emergency medicine specialists.
Whether you have a minor injury or a life-threatening illness, The Fort Hamilton Hospital Carruthers Emergency Center provides you with state-of-the-art services such as:
- A Fast Track area for the rapid treatment of minor illnesses and injuries; in most situations, patients are in and out within an hour. Fast Track hours are Tuesday – Friday 1 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.; Saturday – Monday 1:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- A specialized area for psychiatric emergencies
- A two-bed trauma/crisis room
- The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program, which provides care for victims of sexual assault and assists law enforcement officials and prosecutors
- A children’s play area in the waiting room
- Private patient rooms
- A decontamination room for patients involved in chemical spills or who have highly infectious diseases
- A helipad, should there be a need to transport a critically ill or injured patient via Air Care
Health Alliance Mobile Intensive Care ambulance service to accommodate the growing number of emergency squads from Hamilton, Fairfield, Liberty Township and many other surrounding communitie